DEDICATED TO SAFETY
This page is intended to provide information about COVID-19 and how Landmark Properties is adjusting as it pertains to our staff, residents, clients and partners. Here you will find information about the measures we are taking at our corporate office and at our properties across the country. You will have questions for us, and this page seeks to help as much as possible. We have communicated with many of you via a series of email updates and will continue to do so, as well as update this page and the information therein. While this situation is constantly evolving, Landmark Properties is committed to making the safety and well-being of our team and communities a top priority.
COVID-19 Task Force Leadership
Frequently Asked Questions
What is coronavirus/COVID-19?
A novel coronavirus is a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified. The virus causing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), is not the same as the coronaviruses that commonly circulate among humans and cause mild illness, like the common cold.
On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, first identified in Wuhan China. The new name of this disease is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19. In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”.
There are many types of human coronaviruses including some that commonly cause mild upper-respiratory tract illnesses. COVID-19 is a new disease, caused be a novel (or new) coronavirus that has not previously been seen in humans. The name of this disease was selected following the World Health Organization (WHO) best practice external icon for naming of new human infectious diseases.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Per the CDC, the following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Shortness of breath
Per the CDC, if you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
What is Landmark Properties doing to manage COVID-19’s impact on our staff and communities?
- All Landmark communities and the Landmark corporate headquarters remain in operation to ensure that we serve all of our residents across the country.
- Our corporate and community staff continue to follow CDC, state, and local guidance regarding updates to mask-wearing and social distancing based on vaccination status.
- Our communities continue to follow state and local guidelines regarding amenity capacities and hours of operation. Varying communities may require residents to make reservations for amenity spaces to allow for appropriate cleaning and social distancing.
- Our community teams are equipped with electrostatic sprayers for routine cleaning of our amenity and common areas. Additional hand sanitizing stations will remain in our office spaces, community amenities, and common areas.
- We continue to encourage residents, guests and team members to follow CDC hand hygiene guidelines, updated CDC mask-wearing and social distancing guidelines, and all state and local guidance related to COVID-19.